Use and Care Instructions
Surface Preparation and Magnet Application:
- Before applying your magnet, make sure the surface paints, clear coats, and/or waxes are completely cured and hardened. You may need to consult with the manufacturer of your surface treatment for exact cure times. Approximate times are: paint - 90 days, clear coat - 60 days, wax - 2 days.
- Clean the metal surface and magnet with mild detergent.
- Wipe with a soft cloth and allow to dry.
- Let one edge of the magnet contact the surface in the desired position. Do not apply over molding, cracks or sharply curved surfaces. Now simply let the magnet do the work ad you carefully lower the rest of the magnet into place.
- Make sure the magnet has made complete contact with the surface with no air pockets.
- If the sign is not exactly where you want it, or if air pockets are present, completely remove the magnet and start again and step 4. Do not pull the magnet across the surface.
- Avoid use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as hoods and trunks), temperatures exceeding 160°F or below -15°F. Exposure to cold weather will make the magnet more brittle, so use caution when handling.
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area will be shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain and repainted surfaces.
Care and Maintenance:
- To guard against moisture and dirt build-up between the magnet and the metal surface (especially for outdoor and vehicle applications) remove the magnet at regular intervals and clean the magnet as well as the surface to which it is applied. Even if the product looks clean, the magnet should still be peeled away from the metal surface. The main reason for the daily removal is to prevent the magnetic bond from increasing. Peeling the magnet away, cleaning if necessary, and reapplying prevents the bond from increasing and will not affect the pull strength of your magnetic product.
- Avoid wrinkling the magnet when storing it by rolling it in a 3" diameter (printed side out) or by storing it flat.
There is no warranty expressed or implied against loss of magnets r damage to surfaces to which they are applied since we have no control over how the signs are cared for; altered, stored and/or used, or the surface to which the magnets are applied.
- After using your banner, always roll it up securely with the letters and graphics facing OUT. Use a cardboard core in the center and tape the banner at the end.
- Banners should be stored upright. Folding a banner or laying it flat while rolled up will cause it to crease and it will eventually crack.
- Keep your banner away from extreme heat.
- Clean your banner with Windex or another mild household cleaner.